Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 43 – When does that fat drop off?

I am amazed that the little bit of fat covering my abs is so persistent and sticky. I can feel my abs larger and stronger than I ever remember them but they are covered by a relatively thin layer of fat obscuring them from all the world to see. I guess I’m finding it rather frustrating since my weight is down to 209 lbs. – thats 16 pounds down from where I was 43 days ago and I would have bet anyone that at 10-15 lbs off I would have been cut. At 6’3”, 16 pounds is harder to see coming off then if I was smaller but still I have lost 7% of my mass.

I know now why so many fail, it's because they don’t see much results from quite a bit of work. It's been over a month and I’ve worked extremely hard if I do say so myself but perhaps my expectations were a little tall.

So today I am realigning my goals and taking a longer range view. I commented to Tanya that I’m going to stop looking at my waistline and focus solely on the food and workouts for the next week. Hopefully that tiny bicycle tire will be gone soon enough. Maybe I should drop it as one of my goals since it will come if I complete my other goals.

Here I am at week 6:



Here are my critical stats

BMI: 26.1
Fat Percentage: 16.6%
Height: 160cm
Weight: 94.8kgs
Arm: 37cm
Chest: 112cm
Waist: 94cm
Hips: 95cm
Thigh: 61cm
Resting Heart Rate: 57 bpm

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Take your own advice and don't think abou the intra-abdominal fat for a few weeks. Next time you look down there it'll be gone. It's the last to go and can't be rushed.

Tanya said...

I can start to see abs in your pic. I think you are closer to getting there than me. So much more harder for a woman. It's frustrating as I don't seem to be getting closer to a flat stomach...ugrrrrhh. I will try to do the same and focus on the workout. I'll look at my biceps instead...lol