Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 57  - This is Crunch Time

I’ve just come off from a week at a conference, missing workouts and not following my diet like I should, so now I’ve got to claw my way back to where I was a week ago and then some. It’s a little disheartening but also humbling and makes me appreciate the work I’ve done so far.

I was reading some of Patrick’s motivational suggestions for finishing one more set and I think they apply to the whole PCP program. I was thinking of a story my Father-in-law told me awhile back. In Ireland during the mid-eighties he and his brothers went to the final of the Triple Crown Rugby tournament between Ireland and England. Near the end of the game with Ireland down 3 points, one of the captains of the Irish team by the name of Fitzgerald went around to all of the players saying something in their ears and giving them a jab to the gut. The next play the team came together and a full-back ran forward with an amazing drop-kick to win the game. It was only after the game that the spectators found out what Fitzgerald said; when going around to the players he said in a serious, pointed and somber tone, “Where’s your fucking Pride?” of course saying “Priade” as only an Irishman can. They went on to show where their pride was and I use it too when something is rather difficult.

So its go time and I’m going to find my pride.

Here are my critical stats

BMI: 26.4
Fat Percentage: 16.9%
Height: 160cm
Weight: 96.1kgs
Arm: 38cm
Chest: 113cm
Waist: 94cm
Hips: 97cm
Thigh: 62cm
Resting Heart Rate: 59 bpm


See you soon.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

No big deal man, if a crappy week results in three great weeks of motivation it's a net gain. Keep rocking it!