Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 52 - Shot in the Arm

So I’m trying my best to eat well, while on the road. I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning with some steamed vegetables and chicken breast. For lunch and dinner I had pasta with chicken and a side of vegetables. I got a great workout of strength training but missed my ropejumps.

As I was going over some emails from Patrick I read one where he reminded his humble students why we doing what we do on the PCP diet. It was an eye opener because I have been on autopilot for awhile going through the motions but not really thinking about the real reason why things are done. It was great to read it, something that really energized me and something I know will help me get going again.

I haven’t been following the diet as closely as I should and I’ve noticed a few distinct changes. I can feel some weight around my belly. I’ll try to post a picture and my critical measurements tomorrow and I’m sure there will be a difference, in a bad way. I have also gotten mouth ulcers or cancor sores. They are painful and I am pissed off that I have them. While I am not certain, it is probably from a lack of nutrients, minerals, vitamins and the stress I have been under for the past few days. I have been employing some home remedies like drinking cranberry juice, putting a teabag on the site and applying kaopectate to the wound. I hope it clears up soon.

When I go out for food I usually get a lot of looks from the waiters stunned by my requests for certain types of foods in certain amounts. I found one great place that will cater to all of my needs and won’t look at me like I forgot to wear my clothes. I’m sticking with them since their food is good but their service is better – I’m going to tell them that the PCP is the reason I love them!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, keeping the diet on the road is very, very difficult. I usually mess up when I travel too.

The real shame is that it's almost impossible to find healthy, balanced food in human proportions anywhere besides your own kitchen.

Maybe one day things will be different.