Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 59 – Home Gym

Had a chance today to work out at a gym and do my sets for the PCP. Not too much different from the bands and still used jump rope and my own body weight for many of the exercises but one thing that hit me square in the chest was the amount of testosterone and puffed up ego in the air. It seemed like some of the guys were deliberately throwing weights around, oblivious to everyone but themselves(or acting like they were king of the world). There was lots of chat around the machines and weights and I had to excuse myself several times to use either the dip or chin up bar – frustrating and because of this and waiting around the routine took me longer then it would have at home. All this expensive equipment but not much use to me.

Score another for the PCP program.

I’m back home and glad to have my own food and scale to guide me. As tough as it was on the road I think I did okay. Best to keep all those things that are tempting away from you, but on the road there’s more of what’s bad for you than what you need. The constant bombardment of advertising, promotion and point of purchase glitz can erode your will power, however I know that the PCP has fortified my determination to resist such villainy.

See you soon.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Heh heh you've jumped the gun on some homework assignments you'll get in a few weeks.