Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 51 – On the road again

The last few days have been a mess with lost luggage, missed flights and a lot of travel related stress. Nevertheless, I’m finally at my destination for a business meeting.

The trip was a PCP nightmare, no time for exercise and I ate too much and the wrong kinds of stuff. So here I am feeling bloated and guilty because I know its all falling apart at the seams but I feel as if this is just apart of the PCP experience, my first real lapse and some mitigating circumstances.

I brought vegetables, fruit and eggs with me and had two meals the PCP way but then as my flight was delayed in Dallas I had little choice what to eat but made the best of it with the help of a woman at a restaurant called Au Bon Pain. She portioned out what I needed and did the best she could to give me whole grains, even if we both were uncertain of what the ingredients were. I mostly drank water but on the plane, I had some orange juice and a can of Coke.

As I got into my hotel in Miami at 1:30 in the morning I ordered room service of chicken noodle soup salad and chicken breast with fries, I knew all I had to do was to just put the phone down and go to sleep but I was hungry and wanted those fries.

I got up late for my first meeting and needed to eat breakfast in a hurry. I had oatmeal and a bowl of fruit with two chicken chorizo sausages. Not bad but I put two sugars in my coffee with little regard.

I know I could have done better trying to eat the right things but I wonder how much of our diets and lives are effected by stress, hurrying and strange agendas. I know that it is so much easier to have a great diet at home but would better planning alone have helped me. I don’t think so because several times I had my roadmap laid before me and I just said screw it! I ate what I felt like. Maybe I just needed to get it out of my system.

Today I don’t feel very well and have some indigestion. I also need to get back to a workout routine, which I will get up early tomorrow to do.

Let see how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I feel ya man. I didn't travel anywhere the last few weeks but when its the wknd I get so annoyed with all the shops and restaurants. At an eatery there is not one place where I can have a decent meal. At restaurants I am reduced to a salad without dressing...boring. My gfriends went to Chinatown and I passed because I figured it would be too difficult there. Travelling is a 100 times worse.

I keep thinking what is wrong with this world when its so difficult to eat healthy. I don't want have to strategise eating a yummy meal outside of house.

hang in there mate your still doing well under the circumstances!