Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 45 – Half way done/started

Its half way to the new me. I noticed something today that I’ve probably been vaguely aware of for some time. I went out to lunch with a colleague of mine and I wasn’t excited in the slightest to go to one of my favourite restaurants. It may have been that I knew and anticipated that I wasn’t going to have a rich, fattening and otherwise flavorful meal but most likely it was because I knew that eating such food was rather unhealthy for me. This is really interesting because I wouldn’t have come to this restaurant given the choice, not because I was avoiding the food but because I genuinely didn’t want it – this is a behavioural change that really is important.

Will I not want to eat my favorite dish after the PCP is done? I’ll probably have it but I bet I will want it a lot less than I used to.

I am a little sad that my enjoyment of that kind of food is gone, at least for now but I have found a love of simpler, less refined foods and the joy of sweet fruit instead of sugary sweets.

Its something I haven’t got my whole head wrapped around yet but I think I like it and I know its good for me. I just hope I can convince all my family and friends that I’m not being anti-social, I just don’t want or need to go out for dinner as much any more. Oh and I know I’m going to save a bunch on it too.

By the way - In my last photo it looks as though I have ab lines – I’m sorry to say that is not the buff cut of abs. I just finished some situps and there were marks left by the creased flesh. Soon though my baby abs will see the light of day!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Ha ha, I liked your 10 pack effect.

If you're like me you won't go back to the rich restaurant food anytime soon, because every bite is tainted by a true knowledge of how it affects your body. But that's not such a sad thing. We're trying to clear delusion wherever possible right?

Soon you won't even consider many of the things you used to eat as an option. They won't even pop into your head as edible things anymore.

You're right, it's a good sign that will pay off for years to come