Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 46 – Trip

I just set up a business trip for next week that I was not expecting for a few months. It is not all bad but I am worried that I will not be able to follow my diet and perhaps not get the same workouts that I have become accustomed to.

I’m going to look for a small scale to take with me, I know it will be inconvenient but then again I can portion out the food I get. I have also put a call into the manager of the hotel to explain my special diet. The way I see it is that I’m no different than someone with an illness like diabetes who follows a restricted diet. The hotel should be able to cater to my needs.

I wonder when and if there will be a tipping point when others request this type of food service and a hotel/resort/restaurant sees it as enough of a trend to make it part of the regular services. I know some places do this now but it always seems like a patronizing marketing ploy.

So if you have any ideas on how to make it more manageable, please pass on the tips. Really, this trip should have no discernable effect on the PCP it will just take a little foresight, planning and more hard work.

Let me know what you think.

See you tomorrow

1 comment:

Patrick said...

My advice would be to not be shy about it. Share with people why you're ordering special stuff. Tell them how you want to change your life. 9 times out 10 you'll find you inspire and lift up the people around you.

And if someone treats you weirdly for simply sticking to your training, they're probably not someone you want to spend too much time with anyway.