Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 48 – TGIF Too!

Wow, what a hectic week! I have been going hard in all areas of my life and I am amazed that I am still rockin’ the PCP. I think that because I am always on the go and looking for something to do, constantly, I don’t get bored. However I do get tired and burnt out and sometimes I don’t see it until its too late.

I don’t think you have to take a break from your activities necessarily when you are overwhelmed, you just need to step back, look at what is working and what isn’t and make adjustments. The real key is to do this before the burnout occurs. Little changes can mean big results. I did this a few days ago. I was working out, doing all the exercises and then I stepped back and realized that my lower back was hurting. I tried to reason why this was – maybe it was the squats, lunges, etc. When I was doing my crunches I realized that near the end of my sets I was lifting my back up slightly. I corrected the movement and now my back is better and no longer sore. Little change, potentially big changes.

I’m going to take my advice and look back over the week and see what I could have done better in all areas of my life. This is hard as nobody wants to look at their faults too much, not unless they really want to improve. I want to improve. So there you go.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

One of the best side-effects of this program is that you learn how to listen to your body and adjust accordingly. Glad you're seeing that too!