Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 14 – Two Weeks Down.

I’m amazed at how fast this program is zipping by. I can’t believe Tanya and I are 2 weeks into it. The food, the workouts and the learning curve on nutrition have been great while Patrick has been our constant guide.

This is what I have learned over the past 2 weeks:

1. My previous diet was terrible. I ate too much processed foods including refined carbs and sugars.
2. I used to drink my calories through juices and pops.
3. My body will respond in kind with the food I give to it.
4. My body really does love exercise.
5. Exercise can be fun and enjoyable.
6. Food does not have to be sweet, salty, saucy or otherwise complicated to make it taste good.
7. I don’t get near enough sleep.
8. You are a bigger influence on those around you than you can possibly imagine.
9. Balance and flexibility is crucial to a healthy body.
10. Its hard to find food that is truly good for you unless you make it yourself.
11. Sticking to a diet and training regime is hard but not as hard as most people think.
12. Its easy to spice up food with herbs and spices.
13. There are lots of sweet foods that are really good for you.
14. I wish I had done something like this years ago.

So there you have it, a few of the things I’ve learned in just a couple of weeks. As my last point says, I wish I had done this long ago, I’m just glad it’s being done now. While time will tell, I think this is one of those pivotal life changing times where I move in a better direction.

I look forward to the coming weeks of the PCP program!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Jeeze man you sure are on the fast track! It took me two months of banging my head against the wall to learn all those things you listed. Well done.

Tanya said...

yes I definitely agree!! I am surprised by how tasty the food is I am eating. How great I feel doing this and how I really wish I did this years ago.

It's up to us to spread the good word...lol.