Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 26 – Test Day



Every week I’ll post a picture and divulge my critical stats so that you can see where I’m at. But today I wanted to test my strength as a baseline so that I can gauge what the PCP is doing for me in that capacity. I want to look better and feel better but one of the key factors for me is to increase stamina and strength.

The tests I have set up are maximum push-ups no time limit, maximum full sit-up in one minute, wide grip pull-ups no time limit and wall sit as long as I can go.

Here are my results:

Push-ups – 60
Full Sit-up – 32 in 1 minute
Wide Grip Pull-ups – 7
Wall-sit – 105 seconds

I am really happy with my results since I know a month ago I would not have been able to do near these numbers. My strength training is working!

I think I’ll test every second week since this took a lot out of me and I’m not sure there will be significant gains in just one week.

I also want to do a cardio test next week so if you have any ideas on this one let me know.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work...cool post.

peace ~ John

Patrick said...

Interesting way to think about things. Also keep in my more intangible mileposts, such as how you used to feel after a full day with work and kids, etc...

I'll think about a good cardio test.

Tanya said...

WOW...good work. I am still trying to get the hang of those pull ups...ahh.