Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 23 – Missed the games.



In all the excitement over the past few days I missed a couple of key games in the 6 Nations Rugby Cup. Ireland played Wales and France played Italy. I watched the games in rerun already knowing the outcomes but enjoyed them all the same. Ireland came and concoured completing a triple crown not seen in decades by the club and deserved the championship. It was a close matched game against the Wales team and an exciting finish to the tournament. Then there was the game between France and Italy. It was an uneven match up with France besting the Italians 50 to 8. I’m not sure that France took much pleasure in the win, they didn’t have a great tournament and likely piled on the points out of frustration with how their wins went. My man Sebastien Chabal scored a try and played the whole game using his speed and power to the team's advantage. Which beings me to an interesting point.

Chabal in nightclub brawl
2009-03-23 07:39

Rome - France lock Sebastien Chabal and Italy prop Martin Castrogiovanni were involved in a nightclub brawl following their teams' Six Nations clash, Italian news agency Ansa claimed on Sunday.
Chabal, who scored a try during the 50-8 romp, reportedly left Castro with a bloodied nose after the Leicester Tigers prop believed the French player, known as 'Caveman', was eyeing his girlfriend at the Art Cafe nightspot on Saturday night.
The bearded Frenchman, dressed in a dinner jacket, and Castrogiovanni were separated by team-mates. French players apologised for the incident.


Now I don’t know what really happened, it just looks like tempers flared and fists flew. I do believe that while Chabal is no saint, he didn’t start the fight, but with a nicely aimed punch ended it. That old saying don’t start fights but make sure you finish them applies here but not only or neccessarily to fighting – Lets bring it back to the PCP.

I was reading Patrick’s blog today about how we sit all day and what that does to our bodies – pretty sobering stuff. Nobody is looking for pain, a bad back, soreness, stiffness, whatever, but it can creep up and get you if you're not prepared and ready to stop it.

And in all aspects of life there are people and things out to get you and you’ve got to be prepared to finish the fight or stop it before its happened. I marvel at people who seem to get everything they want in life while nothing seems to effect them and everything they do seems effortless. But that’s my mistake since it was never easy for them, they just worked very hard and were ready to overcome any obstacle. And so that is what I am doing with the PCP. I’m here to live a better life, to fight age, inflexibility, food that will kill me prematurely and be able to power my boys onto my shoulders without getting a hernia. All in all I’m Chabal in the bar not starting the fight but finishing it.

So here’s where I am today:



My Critical Stats:

BMI: 27.0
Fat Percentage: 17.7
Height: 160cm
Weight: 97.9kgs
Arm: 36cm
Chest: 110cm
Waist: 99cm
Hips: 96cm
Thigh: 61cm
Resting Heart Rate: 56 bpm

I’m really progressing considering I’ve lost almost 10 pounds in just over 3 weeks. But what’s really exciting is the strength and endurance I’m gaining from the PCP! This is cool.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

I'm a fan of brawling myself, even though I know it's bad for me.

Nice work with the weight loss. Keep in mind that this whole time you've been gaining muscle, so your actual fat loss is probably around 13 pounds.

Are your clothes feeling any different yet?

Tanya said...

10 - 13 pounds...thats what 4-6 kgs. Wow good work!

Although, I'm no fan of brawls I've been in a couple myself. I am always surprised that a man will fight a woman but its good to be prepared for it.

Michael said...

Man fight a woman? There's a man I'll gladly take down.

Patrick said...

I'd have your back Michael. PCP Evergreen is full of badasses!