Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 2

I’ve been following the 6 Nations Rugby tournament and I am extremely excited that Ireland is doing so well. I won’t jinx them by stating what everyone in Ireland is hoping but their chances of winning the tourney are quite good. Now while Ireland is my team, Sébastien Chabal is my man! This hulking French bruiser, named affectionately either “The Caveman” or “Seabass” depending on which side of the English Channel you’re on, can be seen at the top of this blog in the PCP logo/image.

Chabal is a new bread of Rugby player, who is a decisive game breaker – with remarkable strength, coordination and agility. Being the approximate size of Chabal I'm in awe that this bulk of a man can be so quick and nimble in his charge down the field. What makes him even more impressive is that he has a body fat percentage of 7%, something rarely found in a Rugby player. And where does all of this strength come from? I’ll grant that much of it is based on his core, but what makes him such a weapon is that he has the powerful legs of a god.

I’ve realized over the past few months that my legs are a weak point. While I run a bit I have neglected building up the strength in them that would help me in my daily routines, not to mention sports. So today as I was doing my prescribed lunges, I recommitted myself to working and strengthening my legs to a point where they will be relatively equal or better to the other muscle groups in my body.

Especially on lunges I’m keeping my body in correct position aligned over my legs. I’ve read that legs are the easiest to strengthen and build muscle and that’s what I’m going to do. I’ll aspire to Chabal’s strength and within time ensure my body’s muscle groups will be balanced.

Other than the workout, I’m finding that when I’m only eating half my normal intake of food, I’m rethinking what I’ll eat. I know that in time my diet will change under the Peak Condition Project but today I’m eating more fruit and less junk. I guess if I’m going to eat less, it better be higher in what’s good for me. It also brings up the point that while good food tends to be more expensive, you really don’t need to eat as much of it to get the nutrients you need and so in the long run it will cost about the same or less than the junk I’m normally eating.

Tanya, my long distance training partner and myself are officially part of the PCP Evergreen group – cool!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I use to be into union but after a few years of living in Brisbane with my brother has changed me to a league girl. I don't follow it as much as my bro but I can't get enough of our State of Origin matches. Sadly I am always working when they are played live...bohoo.

I did hear that the Bledisloe test has been moved from Denver to Tokyo...wohoooo!! I hope I can watch the All Blacks and the Wallabies play...but only if my team wins. Of course I always went for the Aussies. I always liked watching the games against the Springboks (or Amabokoboko in Zulu).

I have never watched 6 Nations Rugby (thats Ireland, Scotland, England, France and um Wales?)

oh yeah back to PCP. So eating more healthy already. Good for you. I thought about that today but maybe I'll try it tomorrow....hehe

Tanya said...

oh yeah your man Sébastien looks a bit like a Zeus in that banner pic!