Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 15 – I’m Losing Myself

So the program has changed as we knew it would. Today comes a reduced dietary intake but same food and a new workout plan. While I was expecting this and have heard others mention the change, it is a little disconcerting to change just when you are getting used to it. As Patrick said, the high amount of food last week was ramping up our metabolisms and over the next weeks the amount will drop helping to shed unwanted weight. The exercises are great but are becoming harder as sets and reps change.

I can vaguely see changes in my body and my pants feel looser so it seems to be starting, at the same time my muscles are strengthening and becoming more firm. My eldest son askes for me to flex my muscles and then demands that I feel his, then asks if they are as big as mine – I always say he's massive and that he’s really strong.

I've noticed that I have had no heartburn for the past 2 weeks – probably because I have cut down on acid beverages but I also know that internal weight plays a part in acid reflux. I’m sheding not only subcutaneous but also visceral fat and as time goes on I’ll notice changes not only in my shape but in how my internal body feels.

This is me at 15 days:



Critical Measurements:
BMI: 27.1
Fat Percentage: 17.9
Height: 160cm
Weight: 101kgs
Arm: 36cm
Chest: 109cm
Waist: 99cm
Hips: 96cm
Thigh: 61cm
Resting Heart Rate: 60 bpm

I’m off to do my 700 ropejumps so see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

My hunch is that your heartburn reduction is partly due to the amount of fruit you've introduced into your diet.

Many fruits contain enzymes that act as natural pepsins, (i.e. they aid digestion and soothe the stomach)

When I was overweight and working a desk job I had terrible heartburn, and I was 22!

Michael said...

I didn't think about the fruit - thanks!